Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Call for 40 Days

So, a few weeks ago, Matt told me about this book that he wanted to go through together. He talked about the hour a day time commitment, the fasting from something for 40 days, blah, blah. I listened to him but really felt no interest in doing it. Then, a few days ago, I caught him starting to read it and felt called to do it with him. I asked him to stop reading and wait until I get a copy so that we could go through it together. This morning, when I woke up, I have felt a heaviness that I just can't shake...and I have no idea why. So, I rushed out (ok, maybe not rushed out, but did make a trip to the bookstore this afternoon) and got a copy for myself. I've read the intro and am so excited to embark on this 40 day journey with my husband. It does require quite a bit...reading, journaling, memorizing and fasting...but I'm ready...and I'm excited! And, about the fasting...I feel that God has called me to stop reading blogs for these 40 days. Don't worry, grandparents, I'm still going to update ours...but, I feel that I spend way too much time reading and commenting on everyone else's. So, if you have any big news, and I simply can't wait the 40 days to find out, please give me a call! :) And, please, no hard feelings when I don't comment. So, until August 16th...I can't wait to share what God taught us! :)

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow!! I can't wait to hear what you guys think of the book! We'll just have to get together more to stay updated :) We've missed ya'll!

Jessica and Matt said...

So maybe some of your blogging can be about the book! Like you can do Cliffs Notes for me or something... ? :)

This is serious, BGP. But it will be great! Don't worry--if we find out whether we're having a boy/girl early, we'll call you. ;)

The Rowe Crew said...

SO awesome! Our church went through this at Easter and it is SUCH a blessing...no doubt you will be blessed!!!

Brooke & Freeland said...

Sounds amazing! Freeland & I were just talking about doing something like this together this morning! Maybe we will look at this book also! Cant wait to hear how it goes!!

Poe said...

You don't know me ... I found your blog today when trying to Google my own. We are a Poe Family as well. Wonder if our husbands are related somehow? Just thought I'd say, your blog and family are cute! After your 40 day blog fast, feel free to visit ours too.

Laura said...

Hi! I happened upon your blog through old Dickinson friends. I'm Laura (Reinschmidt) Hale. Anyway, tell Matt and the Poes hello. They were always so precious to me. You have a beautiful family!

Lisa said...

Hi there, you totally don't know me, but I came across your blog when I was doing a search on how to make a cool header. I came across the gal that made yours for you, and that lead me to your blog... anyways, I think your blog is awesome. The header is gorgeous too! You're an amazing photographer too. :) I also wanted to say that I think it's awesome that you and your husband are reading this book together. It has encouraged me to want to do more like this with my husband. Well, have a great night!
-Lisa