Sunday, May 03, 2009

Treasured


We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.

2 Corinthians 4:7-9

This weekend, I got the great opportunity to go to our church's Ladies' Retreat at Camp Hoblitzelle. The theme of the weekend was "Treasured" and focused on the verse above. What a great reminder that we our God's #1 treasure...that He will never allow us to be crushed, destroyed or abandoned. And, what a fun time it was with the girls!!! I loved how GIRLY everything was (thanks to the amazing design by my husband at Two-Five Cloth...shameless plug, I know!) and how much we got to gab and laugh! Here's to Ladies' Retreats together until we're old and grey! :) ...

This was one of the fun games. We had a bag of trash (basically) and had to put together an outfit for a runway show. ...
We didn't win, but we should have...Remy was the cutest, for sure!!!... That's a black tablecloth, toilet paper, crete paper, tulle, yarn, clothes pins, binder clips and silk flowers that made up that beauty! ...The camp was beautiful...such a pretty view of the water and SO much green...
Here's a pic of the Ladies' Council...it was a fun retreat to plan!!!...

All of us!...

{This picture looks simple enough, but I was the one that had to put it on timer and run into the picture...about FIVE times...up and down lots of BIG steps! Shoot that I forgot my little remote thing. I was tired...and worked off the piles of cherry Hershey kisses I ate over the weekend!}
Mark your calendar for this time next year...and you can join us on this fun retreat! :)

3 comments:

Jaime said...

i love this post b/c i'm on our ministry team at church and am always looking for ideas! I like your theme...I'm going to send this post to some of our ladies to browse your cute blog, Britt! Looks like a great time with God and gals...wahoo!

The Prosper Russells said...

I had such a great time! I stole yours pics for my post!

the thorntons said...

Our church ladies retreat is at Camp Hoblitzelle too! Looks like a fune weekend. Missed you at Mav's shower!